Christ vs. World Religions
An elderly professor of world religions surprised his colleagues by declaring his commitment to Christ. He explained: “It was as if I had fallen into a deep, abandoned well.
- Muhammad came by and told me it was the will of Allah that I be in this well, then he left.
- The Buddha came by and told me if I would cease desire I would cease to suffer in the well, then he left.
- A Hindu teacher came by and told me if I was faithful in the well I would escape through reincarnation, then he left.
- Confucius came by and told me if I’d not tripped I would not be in the well, then he left.
- Jesus came by, saw me, and got into the well with me and pulled me out. That is why I am a Christian.”